Arsenal Post Match Thoughts : Koscielny , You disappoint Me

Posted in November 07, 2010
by gudugpunyagulink

Don't get me wrong. He didn't play bad. In fact, he played quite well. However, I will leave it for later. Phew ! What a mess, eh ? I feel like smashing my keyboard like now. I am so frustated. How couldn't we score a single goal? We dominated the game and lose (again). I guess I would rather take a shitty win than this. It's so unbearable.

I guess I will stop ranting and start writing something. Come to think of it, we started the game well. We were threatening the opposition almost all the time. I noted a lot of positivities in the first 15 minutes. Theo dribbled well, Clichy looked better (except he became a little wild when it came to tackling) and Cesc got his share too by hitting the bar. Another brilliant pass from Cesc to Nasri has created a great chance for us to take the lead but Krul still managed to block it. There was one interesting occasion I noticed, which I argued with my younger brother. It was when Chamakh back heel the ball when he was already in a very good position to score. I suspected he couldn't control the ball while my brother persisted that he intended to pass the ball back since he is known of a player who chooses pass over shot. Eventually, I thought it proved me right when on several occasions Chamakh couldn't control the ball right. He couldn't even dribble for a couple yards. Having not good at dwelling on the ball, I guess it's natural when he stated his admiration at Diaby.

Lets get back to the match. We controlled the game well until a disaster came by to knock on the door of Fabianski. Well, I didn't put the blame entirely on Fabianski alone. However, it was his fault which he naively tried to catch the ball when in my opinion punching is a more appropriate action. It was wierd seeing Fabianski unable to punch the ball considering Caroll and Fabianski has the same height. Well, it is harsh to address all the fault one him since the player who were the nearest one to Caroll were Koscielny and Chamakh. That's why I wrote that I was disappointed with him since I assume he was the one tasked to mark the scorer. He gave up marking Koscielny half the way hoping that Fabianski will secure the ball. As the result, we went down 0-1 just before the break.

Entering the second half, we (again) started really well. It was until a shot from Theo which hit the bar again. Since then part of myself told me that may be this is not our day. Then another disaster happened. Nasri was subbed which I suspected was due to injury. I guess there is some curse on Arsenal players who managed to perform well in a string of matches. Having not scored until the last quarter of the match, Arsene got frustated. He subbed in Bendtner and Robin to add more attacking forces (Oh,btw Chamakh performed really bad. May be he lost his lucky charm). Yet the score didn't change. We couldn't score against Krul with his eleven guardians guarding  him. What made it worse was Krul wasting time on whatever chances he got and he got away with it. As you all predicted, Mike Dean wouldn't do anything about it. He even awarded Koscielny a red card which I think it was deserved considering he was the last man. I also spotted Sagna arguing with Dean after the match was over. Not sure what was he arguing. I think we need to arrange a luxury birthday party for Dean, which sees him drowning in tear, to waste his hateness towards us. Well that's a story for another day. As for now, we lost fair and square again at our own turf. I guess we are breakable at home afterall. Thus, we need to talk less do more. Right, Kos ?

After writing this much, I think I have calmed down. I guess Liverpool winning did console me a little. Fernando Torres strikes has taken Liverpool back to their changing room with two goals lead. Hopefully they can hold the lead. This will be an interesting match. Thus, I am off to watch the second half.

Till then, Arsenal Mantap.


PS : Liverpool won !! What a relief knowing that Chelsea didn't widen the gap. On the other side, I do feel today result becomes quite hard to take since we miss the chance to close the gap.. I guess this week belong the the Manchesters..