Jack Wilshere signed a new long term

Posted in November 02, 2010
by gudugpunyagulink


After having a solid performance with Arsenal in recent months, Jack Wilshere was awarded an improved contract with Arsenal FC. It seems that it doesn't take too long for young Jack Wilshere to decide signing a new long-term contract with the club. According to reports, the new deal will see him as a 50.000 pounds per week youngster and tie him for another 5 years time.

Wilshere started at Arsenal at the age of nine. After having a lot of improvement in his gameplay in this past years, Jack Wilshere lately become first choice for Arsene Wenger in the midfield position accompanying the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Alex Song. He is already making eight Premier League appearances and featuring in all three UEFA Champions League matches so far this campaign. Now, he vastly becomes a favourite player among Arsenal fans.


Jack Wilshere was very excited over this deal and targeting himself to become a better player in the future :

"Arsenal Football Club has been like a second home for me and my family since I was nine years old. To be offered a new contract means everything to me.

"At this point in my career, when I'm only 18 years old and still learning so much about the game and myself, this is the perfect club, the perfect team-mates, the perfect fans, the perfect backroom staff and most importantly, the perfect manager to help continue that.

"I've got a long way to go before I can become the player I dream of becoming and I'm sure I'll keep making the odd mistake, but it is a massive help for me having a special manager like Arsène Wenger and so many quality team-mates and the unbelievable Arsenal fans around me. I believe there is a lot more to come from me.

"I've been at the Club for almost ten years already, so I would like to thank everyone that has been part of getting me this far, especially people like Liam Brady, Roy Massey and all his staff at the Hale End Academy. Also Neil Banfield, Steve Bould, Academy Coach Steve Leonard, Academy Scout Bob Arber, Assistant Head of Youth Development David Court, all the backroom staff, Arsène Wenger, all my team-mates and, of course, my family."



The manager himself praised the young midfield saying :

"It's such great news that Jack has committed his long-term future to the Club. Jack is a fantastic footballer with a huge amount of potential, and we have all seen with his performances so far that he is a very gifted player, who could be an extremely influential player at the top level of the game.

"At still only 18 years of age, there is still so much more to come from him and we're all excited by the fact that Jack Wilshere will be an Arsenal player for years to come."


Hopefully with this new deals, we will see a long partnership between the club and the player which diving the club to successful seasons.