Stop Blaming, Start Backing

Posted in November 08, 2010
by gudugpunyagulink


Fabianski shouldn't be blamed alone for the loss

Another defeat at home, eh ? Not a very good week for us. I thought it would become our week having seen Spurs defeat. However, the lads has disappointed us by conceding another defeat at our own turf. I thought we should be unbreakable at the Emirates Stadium. Koscielny would agree with me on this. The following hours felt like feeding salt into an open wound. I spectated Chelsea defeat at Anfield which will be a good result "IF" we managed to win at home. Well, there is no use talking about the "IF" words like others said, isn't it?


I moved on. I have finally accepted the result. It was not that bad. We're still "only" five points behind. I opened my browser trying to read what my fellow Gooners thought of the defeat. As the result, my monitor display has let me down. I didn't understand why most of the pieces were "Fabianski scapegoating"-ish. I understand that our goalkeeping situation isn't the thing we would proud to brag about. In fact, they have costed us six points lost at home which would probably has taken us to the top of the table. However, blaming Fabianski for this defeat is a little harsh. I admit he had a fair share of blame and Arsene did clarify my point on his post-match interview saying that the stopper has taken the wrong decision to catch the ball. However, blaming the entire defeat on him was a little unfair. It was a collective fault that caused us the inability to defend the set-piece. Koscielny gave up his mark on Caroll and also Chamakh stopped tracking Caroll. When you leave a tall target man lurking around for free in the area without applying any pressure, It is likely for you to suffer a goal. Thus, I thin we can't blame Fabianski alone for the goal.

I recommend us to stop blaming the Polish and start backing him. It's not like he has done bad for us. In fact, he managed to keep us leading in our previous wins. Therefore, claiming Fabianski as "a disaster meant to be happened" after a single match display was a bit harsh. Reina has done worse and still be considered as a reliable goalkeeper. So lets us judge him after he got a longer run. I think it is a fair call since he has done well replacing Almunia absence. Moreover, the next test isn't too far from now and yes ! It is a test from Wolves which has given MU and Chelsea a fair share of frustation. I think you better show us your talent soon, Fabs! Cause Sczcesny is ready to drag you down.

Till then, Arsenal Mantap.