Wenger surprised by Jack and Theo needs time

Posted in November 03, 2010
by gudugpunyagulink


 Arsenal fans are prepared to welcome Wilshere back to the team after having him unable to play on the league caused by 3 match suspension. The 18-years-old Jack has become one of Wenger's first teamers this season. The youngster didn't waste the chance given by showing his ability and fluidity on passing with other teammates. Wenger himself admitted that he was really impressed by the massive improvement within a short time period He said :

‘I am very much surprised. I didn’t expect that to happen so quickly,’ the Frenchman acknowledged.
‘You have to be open-minded in our job and most of the time when it happens like that you are happy.’ 

The manager believes young Jack can fill the void left by the captain on the trip to Ukraine. He firmly believes that Jack Wilshere has the creativity and good passing ability which he can count on when the skipper is absence from the team.



On another story, Arsene sees Theo has a close similarity with Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry, role which started from winger to striker. Theo was widely dubbed as the successor of Thierry Henry after inherited the former number of the legend. When asked about the similarity,Wenger answer diplomatically :


"It's difficult to compare the similarities,”
“Is Thierry a replica of Theo? Is Theo a replica of Thierry? No. But they have in common tremendous pace, they are good finishers and both are intelligent.

"In England, you are very impatient. Thierry Henry came here at the age of 23 and Theo is 21. Give two more years to Theo and imagine what he will be.

"Don't forget that when Thierry Henry came here, he was a winger. When I played him as a central striker, he said to me 'but I can't score goals’.

“However I knew Thierry when he was 14 and at 15 I knew he could score goals when he played central. Then I left Monaco and they moved him to the flank but I knew in my head he could do it.

"It looks to me now that Theo has a calmness in front of goal. Before he rushed his decision but now he is different.”
 
.