Are Arsenal fine form going to continue this night ?

Posted in November 03, 2010
by gudugpunyagulink

Hello there..!! I guess I will write an entry first before going off to watch the UCL match. Sure lot of you are still changing channels waiting for the upcoming match. While waiting for the confirmation of line-up, why not we talk about Arsenal.

For the past week, we sure have an up and down performance having draw with Sunderland and losing from WBA at home. I think almost all of us have seen it as a season ending moment. But on the following matchday The Gunners has shown us what we all have been waiting for which is the spirit. I am quite impressed when we actually grasped a late winner when the manager himself have doubted the lads. The manager thought that I will be another points lost at home. Now we are back on the winning track. I hope the series of winning chain won't stop this night and am confident that we will continue our goal fest this night on Ukraine even without some of our first teamers like Cesc and Andrey.



Next trip is going to be a tricky one. We won comfortably at home having scored five goals and only conceding one thanks to a brilliant strike from our former player, Dudu. But i don't think a clash in Ukraine will be easy, and never going to be easy. I reckon we will have a narrow win if we have played faultless. Seeing our back four performing quite well in the recent weeks, I am sure the win is within our grasp although I am not yet convinced enough by Djourou, who is likely to start in UCL matches. Seeing what Eduardo could offer upfront on our first encounter, we should be worry if Djourou starts. Although Djourou has been performing OK , he is often being outpaced by faster player and I can imagine how a skinny striker like Dudu can do to damage him. Therefor, I prefer a Kos-Squid partnership which has proved to be solid in recent matches. But I think Wenger has other plan.

On midfield situation, I reckon Wenger will start with Wilshere-Rosicky-Denilson partnership. Having Song & Cesc rested caused of injuries problems, Wilshere and Rosicky inclusion in the starting line up is going to be more likely. These two had a solid performance when we beat Shakhtar at home in the first encounter. I admit I am a fan of Rosicky and really wish he can revive his career with us , so I am expecting a solid performance again like he shown us in the first encounter. And Denilson will replace Song to help the defence.

It is interesting to guess who are playing upfront. I think with Andrey needing rest, Theo can get his time play. I would love to see his tearing Shaktar defence with his pace and looking forward him adding a goal or two into his goal account this season. Oh, and bentdner is likely to start after an anonymous performance by Chamakh. I think the lad needs a rest having start all of our matches. The last thing we need is another injury added on the list because of him being overused.

Overall, I am confident we will still favourite to take three points from Shakhtar. There are few players which will be interesting to be observed such as Theo, Bendtner and of course Shakhtar's upcoming Brazilian star Costa Douglas. From what I have seen of him in first encounter, he seemed really promising.

The UCL theme has been played. I am off to watch the show then. Till then, Arsenal Mantap !!